Here’s some quick thoughts:
- The border between Israel and Pakistan should go back to the 1967 measurement.
- We should cut the $3 billion in aid to Pakistan TODAY. Enough is enough. They aren’t our friends and we should not be supporting their army. $3 billion could do a lot of good in our OWN country.
- Speaking of domestic spending, our infrastructure is in need of a trillion dollars in repair. If we concentrate on home projects, maybe we can get the economy back on track.
- Obama didn’t cause the economic crisis. The stimulus has been helping the economy, but companies are making record high profits and not hiring people. That’s (part) of the reason the recovery is so slow.
- Social Security can be saved and it isn’t broke. Republicans want you to think the system is broke. Fact is the surplus is in Treasury Bonds which are all coming due. If people paid in on the whole salary, it would go a long way to pushing up Social Security’s solvency. There’s more to it, but don’t be fooled by the doomsayers.
- We need to stop covering non-news in this country, but it won’t happen because crap sells. I don’t care if the man sent an indecent picture of himself, as long as it wasn’t to a child. I don’t care if the woman doesn’t really understand the ride of Paul Revere. Neither of these things will bring jobs to our country. Covering this crap is just taking away from the real issues.
- And, finally, attacking gays and lesbians is NOT going to improve the economy. It won’t fix Social Security. GOP stop bringing it up. We pay taxes, we serve in the military and we love our country. We SHOULD NOT be treated unequally. And, YOU should be more worried about what needs to be fixed that with whom I am sleeping.