Birthers? Can Obama Be President According to the Constitution?
Have you heard the big fuss being made over just where President Obama was born? I thought this was all resolved during the elections, but I was WRONG wasn’t I? Apparently, 28% or 50% (depending on which blogger you wish to believe) of Republicans believe that President Obama isn’t a natural born American citizen and, therefore, not eligible to be President.
But, I saw this blog post over at the Huffinginton Post written by Chris Kelly and I WISH I had thought of this! The man is brilliant and a bit of a smart aleck. So, check out his post.
Is Joe Biden anti-Christian?
Saw this over at Huffinginton Post, too. I cannot believe that there is really a “Christian” group who thinks for one iota of a second that saying “Jesus Christ” is hate speech. Now, I know that I try my darnedest to not take the Lord’s name in vain and I know that sometimes I fail. I say silly things like son of a biscuit and Holy Crap. But, that’s getting me off track.
In reality, taking Jesus’ name in vain isn’t a sin. The Ten Commandments only says that you cannot take the Lord’s name in vain and Jesus isn’t God now is He? He is the Son of God, so taking His name in vain is not the samething as taking His Father’s name in vain. Actually, since Jesus considered all of us His brothers and sisters, perhaps, we could take each other’s names in vain. Like, the next time I get mad, I could yell JULIE MARIE! (like my father often did when I was a kid) instead of JESUS CHRIST and then I’d be off the hook for any sinning in that grey area of whether or not taking Jesus’ name in vain is a sin, which I think it isn’t, so it really doesn’t matter and I just made you waste five minutes of your life you’ll never get back.
Hmmm, kind of catchy, isn’t it?
This weekend, I had quite a few ideas for articles, but the time went so fast, I never had a chance to formulate them into coherent thoughts. Now, I’m a little sleepy and I have to get ready for work, so I was thinking of just a listing of random thoughts. Maybe, a little something to get the conversation started.
- Teddy is the cutest and smartest kitten I have ever owned. He is an amazing creature and totally worth all of the allergy driven issues I’m having since we became his parents.
- My car is really pretty and I know this because a lady at the bookmobile told me.
- Paul Ryan’s office must be getting more cards, letters, emails and phone calls than normal. I have called him once and sent an email on two different subjects and have not received a response on either. One issue — Alternative Minimum Tax — I’ve been waiting over a month for a response. It isn’t like his office, so I’m making a guess that they must be really busy.
- If I’m right and Paul Ryan’s office is busy, that can only be a good thing. It means, I hope, that my fellow Americans are becoming more involved. Well, really, it means just my fellow southeastern Wisconsinites are becoming more involved.
- Today is the day that gay Wisconsinites can register for domestic partnership. THANK YOU GOD and Governor Doyle! This whole gay marriage issue has really gotten a lot of people’s tits in a wringer, as my mother would say, and for what? What has anyone who is against gay marriage gained by denying marriage to someone they don’t even know? Oh, I know what they think they’ll get, they think they’ll get a slice of the that pie called Heaven. And, won’t they be surprised when they don’t. However; gays can and should take solace in the following…”Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.” Matthew 5:11-12
- There is nothing cuter than three cats watching a rainstorm.
Well, gotta get ready for work.